Terms & Conditions
Our Terms & Conditions
PRICING: Pricing is subject to change without notice. Applicable taxes will be added to the invoice as required. Orders placed on "hold for release" which are not released within 60 days may be subject to price increases. QUOTATIONS: Quoted prices are effective for 30 days unless otherwise specified in writing.
TERMS: Payment terms, for customers with open account privileges, are 30 days from the invoice date. A late payment charge of 1.5% per month, 18% per annum, will be added to all accounts that remain unpaid after 30 days from the invoice date.
CANCELLATIONS: Because Lumien is a manufacturer and its lighting products are made to order, orders placed and released cannot be cancelled without the consent of Lumien.
RETURNS: Products may be returned within ninety (90) days of the purchase date. All products that are deemed non-defective must be returned in the original packaging, in an un-installed condition, and accompanied by an invoice number or purchase order number. For all products that have been removed from their original packaging or deemed to have been used, credit for such returns is subject to the condition of the returned merchandise. All custom-made orders are nonreturnable and non-refundable, and non-stock items may be subject to a 20% restocking fee. For defective or malfunctioning product covered by a warranty policy, a warranty claim accompanied by photos of the fixture and installation location must be provided to initiate a return.
WARRANTY: Lumien guarantees that all products will be free of defects in material and workmanship when products are installed, operated, and maintained according to applicable codes and regulations. Lumien Offers warranty policies on all products in the event of defects, including manufacturer defects and malfunctions.
- Warranty does not apply to any products that have been subjected to mishandling, misapplication, neglect, accident, vandalism, improper installation, or improper packaging of products returned to seller.
- Warranty does not cover damage due to electrical surges, spikes, or the use of voltages on a product outside of its recommended range of voltage as defined in the product specifications.
- Warranty shall not cover any "Acts of God" such as lightning, fires, floods, tornados, hail, earthquakes, hurricanes, or any other extreme weather events that are beyond Lumien's control. Warranty shall also not cover any water damage to products that have been subject to excessive contact with water.
Transformers must be installed following the provided instructions. Transformers deemed to be defective through improper mounting or wiring techniques voids the warranty. Warranties extend only to the product ownership by the original purchaser and are void when the original purchaser ceases to own the product. Warranties also do not cover labor or other costs or expenses to remove or install any defective repaired or replaced product. If a product is covered under and of the foregoing warranties, please refer to WARRANTY PERIODS for applicable warranties, such product will be replaced or repaired, or at Lumien's sole option, the purchase price will be refunded.
WARRANTY PERIODS: Lumien prides itself on the quality of its products and is committed to customer satisfaction. All Lumien Aluminum Fixtures are warranted for a period of ten (10) years from the purchase date. Lumien's Modular Light Sources are covered by Lumien's warranty for a period of ten (10) years from the purchase date. All Lumien Brass Fixtures come with a lifetime warranty from the purchase date. All accessories purchased from Lumien come with a one (1) year warranty from the purchase date. Lumien protects its transformers under warranty for a period of ten (10) years from the purchase date. The foregoing warranties are exclusive and in lieu of all other warranties. Lumien makes no representations or warranties except as expressly set forth herein. Lumien expressly disclaims all other representations and warranties, expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, any supplier or distributor of Lumien that modifies or amends this limited warranty.
CLAIMS: All Lumien products are carefully inspected, tested, and packaged prior to shipment. Title to the products passes to the buyer upon delivery to the freight carrier. Customers should carefully inspect all merchandise at the time of delivery and note any damage or shortages. Although our responsibility for product shipped ends upon delivery to the common carrier, Lumien will assist, as required, to resolve damage or freight claims. However, no claim for damages or shortages by the customer or their agent will be accepted unless filed within 20 days of receipt of product.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: The foregoing limited warranty provides the buyer's sole and exclusive remedy relating to Lumien's products. Under no circumstances and notwithstanding the failure of essential purpose of any remedy set forth herein, Lumien shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, punitive, or consequential damages, including, but not limited to, loss of profits, business revenues or savings, promotional and/or manufacturing expenses, overhead, injury to reputation and/or loss of customers, any claims, demands, or actions against buyer by any third party; any loss or claims, including claims for personal injuries or death arising from the use of Lumien's products, and any loss or claims arising out of or in connection with buyer's implantation of any advice, recommendations or instructions by seller based on, resulting from, arising out of or otherwise related to the products.
COMPLETE AGREEMENT: This agreement records the final, complete, and exclusive expression of the understanding between the parties with respect to the matters addressed in it and supersedes any prior or contemporaneous agreement, representation, or understanding, oral or written, including any written instruction manuals or other terms and conditions on Lumien's website.
MISCELLANEOUS: The following miscellaneous Terms and Conditions shall apply:
- Upon acceptance of these Terms and Conditions, the Terms and Conditions shall constitute a valid and legally binding agreement in accordance with its terms. Acceptance shall be deemed to have occurred when a purchase order is placed with Lumien or when a purchase from Lumien is made.
- These Terms and Conditions may be executed in counterparts (including counterpart facsimiles) and each counterpart shall be deemed to be an original instrument, and when taken together, shall constitute one agreement.
- In case any one or more of the provisions contained in these Terms and Conditions shall for any reason be held to be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable in any respect, that disability shall not invalidate any other provision herein and these Terms and Conditions shall be construed as if that provision had never been contained herein.
- Captions to paragraphs of in these Terms and Conditions have been included solely for the sake of convenient reference and are entirely without substantive effect.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be binding upon, and its benefits shall inure to, the parties hereto and their respective heirs, representatives, successors, and assigns.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Georgia.
- These Terms and Conditions embody the entire understanding between the parties with respect to the transaction contemplated herein. All prior or contemporaneous agreements, understandings, representations, warranties, and statements, oral or written, are merged into these Terms and Conditions. Neither these Terms and Conditions nor any of its provisions may be waived, modified, amended, discharged, or terminated except by an instrument in writing signed by the party against which that enforcement is sought and then only to the extent set forth in that instrument.
INDEMNIFICATION: You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Lumien, its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, and suppliers from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys' fees, resulting from any violation of these terms and conditions.